var x = 50; var y = 60; var z = x + y;
x, y, and z are variables, told I am storing values with the var keyword:
- x stores the value 50
- y stores the value 60
- z stores the value 110
var Name = "Rathorji"; var myAge = 22;
- variables must be named with unique names.
- the unique name is called an identifier.
- the identifier can contain letters, digits, underscores, and dollar signs.
- the identifier must begin with a letter
- the identifier can also begin with $ and _ (but we will not use it in this tutorial)
- the identifier is case sensitive (y and Y are different variables)